Housing Discrimination Based on Color
Freiman Legal can help California residents fight their Color Discrimination case.
If you are a California resident living in Santa Monica, Riverside, Canoga Park, Calabasas, or Los Angeles and the surrounding areas, Freiman Legal can help with your housing discrimination case based on color.
Landlords are not permitted to lease or fail to lease based on a renter's or prospective renter's race, color ethnicity or national origin. Regardless of where the rental is located, the make-up of the community or the ethnicity of the Landlord, all Landlords must not use prohibited characteristics to rent to tenants. It is illegal under both California and Federal Law to do so.
The Fair Housing Act is a fair and just Act, that makes it unlawful to discriminate on the basis of color. No person, including tenant, may discriminate against a person because of the color of his or her skin. More-so, discrimination based on color can even occur between people who are of the same race, in addition to people of a different race or ethnicity. Here are a few examples of discrimination based on color:
- Refusing to rent or sell to someone based on the color of their skin
- Refusing to negotiate for housing or making housing otherwise unavailable
- Providing different terms, rules or conditions to people of different skin color
- Imposing different or higher rates or fees to people of different skin color
- Steering or otherwise encouraging people of a certain skin tone to live in certain areas.
Freiman Legal is here to help California residents of apartment and housing rentals. Contact us at 310-917-1004 if you are living in the Torrance, Inglewood, Compton, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or San Diego areas and you feel that you have been discriminated against based on the color of your skin.